Five members of the Indian National Parliament took part in the fourth edition of the Programme, which took place in Madrid and Barcelona on June 1-5 | Download activity summary
The Spain India Council Foundation held the fourth edition of the Leaders Programme with a delegation of five Indian MPs. The main purpose of this programme is to give an overview of the current situation in Spanish to a carefully chosen group of high-profile professionals to strengthen the ties between the participants and Spain and, in the medium to long term, create a contact network between the participants, the patrons of the Council Foundation and professionals linked to their area. Ultimately, the initiative aims to bring the two countries closer as well as to strengthen our image in India as a tool for public diplomacy.
The Programme took place on June 1-5 in Madrid and Barcelona. The participants had the chance to visit the head offices of some of the Foundation’s patrons as well as other top Spanish companies and institutions with strong ties with India. The delegation’s agenda focused on economy, innovation, infrastructure, energy and other fields such as culture, education and art.
The leaders who took part in this fourth edition were:
- Heena Vijaykumar Gavit, MP for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for Maharashtra.
- Deepender Singh Hooda, MP for the Indian National Congress (INC) for Rohtak (Haryana).
- Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo, MP for Biju Janata Dal (BJD) for Bolangir (Odisha‐Orissa).
- Vivek Gupta, MP for the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) at Rajya Sabha for Kolkata (West Bengal).
- Arjun Ram Meghwal, MP for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for Bikaner (Rajasthan).
The first edition of the programme had a multidisciplinary focus with opinion leaders from the areas of business, academia, research and media. The following edition, in 2013, focused on Indian media and nine prominent Indian journalists took part. The latest edition, in 2014, invited six major players in the field of education to participate.
Follow the Programme on social media on SICF’s Twitter account and the hashtag #LideresIndios.